The Cornwall Hill College Cricket Academy was established in 2013 to create additional in-season and off-season practice
opportunities for our cricketers under the guidance of Mr Henk Klopper.
The Cricket Academy has produced 37 Provincial & Regional players for the Northerns Cricket Union.
The Cricket Academy follows a structured individual programme each term. Our focus is on modern day coaching
techniques and will include various new aspects regarding the game of cricket.
Junior Programme for Grade 0 – 2
Cricket Session during Physical Education Lesson, which forms part of the daily school routine.
Individual sessions for Grade 3 – 12.
- Batting and bowling basics
- Bowling variation
- Batting and bowling skills
- Physical conditioning (strength, fitness, speed and agility)
- Gym, weight and strength training (senior players)
- Core strength training
- Batting and bowling biomechanics
- Match situations
- Condition and game adaptation (20/20, 50 over, time cricket)
- Video analysis and feedback
- Fielding (cutting angles and anticipation)
- Throwing theory
- Injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Team dynamics
- Field setting